My Guide Website?
6 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Classic
This holiday might be perfect for you. The classic island-hopping tours of the Galapagos are designed for travelers who love a mix of adventure, family hotels, and good food.
- You will be surrounded by impressive flora and fauna including giant tortoises.
- Kayak while you spot wildlife including penguins and blue footed boobies.
- Known for its amazing turtles, born from 3 inches to 4 feet long.
- Mountain biking next to giant turtles and long white beaches.
- Stimulate your sense of adventure by hiking in the crater of a huge Volcano.
DescriptionItinerary Day 1: Transfer In - San Cristobal The guide will pick you up at San Cristobal Airport and take you to the hotel. After a nice Ecuadorian lunch, you will have the time to visit Playa Mann, Las Tijeretas, or Punta Carola by yourself. You will be welcomed by the hundreds of Galapagos sea lions that live in the village. Day 2: San Cristobal Highlands – El Junco – Puerto Chino Today, you will visit the highlands of San Cristobal. Your driver will take you to the first stop in about 30 minutes which is El Junco Crater Lake, the only freshwater lake on the Galapagos Islands. Then, you will continue to Puerto Chino, a beautiful white-sanded beach. You will follow a path that leads you along Opuntia cacti until you reach the white sandy beach of Puerto Chino. Here, you can take a short walk along the lazy sea lions that lie on the beach, towards the blue-footed boobies on the rocks. You will walk back to the car, and you will be taken to the last stop, La Galapaguera, a breeding ground with very nice wooden walkways and clear indications. Day 3: Flight Isabela – Biking Self Guided – Kayak Puerto Villamil Early in the morning, you will go to Isabela Island with a flight of about 40 minutes. After dropping off your luggage and enjoying the village a bit, you will go on a mountain bike to the breeding center and other accessible places, or you can simply walk to the Muro de Las Lagrimas. Along the way, you have a great chance to see the giant tortoises just next to the road. In the afternoon, your guide will accompany you for a relaxing and beautiful kayak excursion in the bay of Puerto Villamil. Here, you will be able to spot various endemic animals such as marine iguanas, sea lions, and penguins. Day 4: Sierra Negra Volcano Early in the morning, you will be picked up and driven to the highlands. For the first activity, you will have a hike in the Sierra Negra Volcano, which has the second-largest active crater in the world with a diameter of 10 km. The second part of the hike will take you to Chico, a cone of Sierra Negra with moonlike landscapes. This will give you an idea of how the islands looked at their creation. You will be back at around 02:00 PM. The rest of the afternoon is free to enjoy the beach on your own. Day 5: Charles Darwin Research Center – Santa Cruz Highlands At 06:00 AM, you will take a public speed boat to Santa Cruz Island, where you will have breakfast. Then, you will visit the renowned Charles Darwin Research Station. In the afternoon, you will visit the highlands of Santa Cruz and see giant tortoises in their natural habitat. The ride to the highlands takes about 40 minutes from the village of Puerto Ayora. Once there, you will take a short walk of about 30 minutes on a private ranch to see these famous animals. Day 6: Transfer Out After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport. The tour will end on arrival at the airport, where you will leave for Quito or Guayaquil.
IncludesMeals as described in the itinerary. Accommodation in a single, double or triple room. Airport pickup at San Cristobal Airport and drop off at Baltra Airport at your arrival/departure time. Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary. Transportation between Baltra Airport – Itabaca Channel fee each way. Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking). All activities as described in the itinerary. 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch, and Spanish.
- For children under the age of 12, there is a 10% discount. Single travelers have a private room. All rooms have private bathrooms. It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities. This itinerary is fixed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please contact us. There are no guides on the transportation by public speedboat between islands. Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small. Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing your teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.