Cajas National Park Guided Day Hike2 Reviews
Discover the beauty of Cajas National Park, its lakes and primary forest on a guided hike that ranges from easy to moderate, at altitudes of 9,842 to 13,566 feet. Stop at Tres Cruces, the site of the continental divide between the Atlantic and Pacific.
- Discover the fascinating vegetation of the primary forest in Cajas National Park
- Take a hike of moderate-level difficulty at 13,566 feet above sea level
- Stop at the point known as Tres Cruces, which forms the continental divide between the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trip to Cajas National Park, located just 30 minutes to the north-west of Cuenca city. Its landscape of wetlands has glacial origins and the park boasts over 200 lakes. Your hike begins at the lower part of the park known as Llaviuco. Hike at an easy pace for about an hour at an altitude of 9,842 feet above sea level. Reach a point known as Tres Cruces, at 13,566 feet, which forms the continental divide between the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans. After a short walk to explore the area you’ll descend to an altitude of 12,795 feet to continue hiking for approximately 3 hours. The difficulty of the hike at this point is moderate, as you pass through the beautiful primary forest. Afterwards have lunch before returning to Cuenca.
IncludesHiking tour Guide Round-trip transportation Free cancellation Entrance to the park Gratuities
- Be sure to bring warm clothes, a bottle of water, and some snacks.
- The operator reserves the right to change the order of activities on tours or to cancel tours due to weather conditions or by order of Cajas National Park.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability