My Guide Website?
Cotopaxi: Nature and Adventure Guided Trekking Tour1 Reviews
Discover the nature and wildlife on this trek around the Cotopaxi National Park with an expert guide. Marvel at the stunning viewpoints, crystal clear lakes and fascinating animals that you pass along the way.
- Discover the stunning sights of the Cotopaxi Volcano on this guided trek to the best spots
- Marvel at the crystal-clear waters of the Limpiopungo Lake
- Spot wildlife and many animals as you explore the different routes
DescriptionYou will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cotopaxi National Park. Take in the breathtaking views as you wind up through the roads to 4,500 meters above sea level to the start point. Your hike will begin as you head towards the refuge José Rivas stopping at viewpoints to take in the stunning landscapes. You will then go to the Limpiopungo Lagoon, a stunning crystal-clear lake that reflects the scenery and sky above it. Along the way, you may catch a glimpse of wildlife like the Andean Fox, deer or cute rabbits. You can also see birds like the Cara Cara Curiquinge, the Andean Gulls and Coots, alongside many more fascinating species that your guide will point out to you. The mandatory guide costs an additional US$ 60.00 for the whole group so please bear this in mind. There will be many photo opportunities along the way with the stunning surrounding forests, mountains, and ravines offering picturesque views. You can stop to enjoy some typical Ecuadorian food for lunch to refuel and will be returned back to your hotel at the end of the day.
IncludesTransportation and driver
- The weather is unpredictable so sometimes it is not possible to see the mountain
- The trek is medium difficulty. Sometimes the altitude can be hard for some people to take, it depends on your physical conditions so please bear this in mind
- If you would like to bike down the volcano, please let the operator know and this can be arranged at an additional cost
- Please wear warm clothes, gloves, a hat, sunblock and sunglasses
- If you like, you can take your passport to get an stamp