My Guide Website?
From Baltra: 5-Day Galapagos Islands Tour w/ Lodging & Food
Discover the wildlife and scenery of the Galapagos Islands on a multi-day trip starting in Baltra and ending in San Cristobal. Explore quiet beaches, snorkel at Kicker Rock, and taste delicious meals.
- You will be surrounded by impressive flora and fauna including giant tortoises.
- Visit one of these uninhabited islands and find lots of endemic species.
- Explore the favorite place for an array of marine birds.
- Known for its amazing turtles, born from 3 inches to 4 feet long.
- Formations that were created by the collapse of the surface due to an eruption.
DescriptionDay 1: Transfer In – Twins – Highlands Your Galapagos Island Hopping Classic tour will start at Baltra Airport, where your guide will pick you up and take you to the highlands of Santa Cruz. First, you will make a stop at the Twin Craters, also known as “Los Gemelos”, which are rock formations located opposite each other. You will have lunch in the highlands (if your arrival is before 2 PM). Today’s trip includes a visit to the famous Lava tunnels. Then, you will visit Rancho Primicias, located on the top of Santa Cruz island. This is a humid tropical forest and offers varied landscapes. Its major touristic attraction is the tortoises that migrate from the park to this property at certain times of the year. Afterward, you will be brought to Puerto Ayora. Day 2: Bartolome / Floreana / North Seymour Today, you will visit an uninhibited island by boat. It will be either Floreana, Bartolome, or North Seymour Island. You can let us know about your preference and we will do everything we can to get you to that island. Unfortunately, due to availability and National Park regulations, we cannot guarantee the island you have chosen. You will navigate for about 30 minutes up to 2,5 hours to get to the uninhabited island of your trip. Once there, you will have a short hike to get to know the land species, and afterward, you will go snorkeling. Around 4:00 PM, you will be back in the village. Day 3: Charles Darwin Station – San Cristobal – La Loberia Self-Guided In the morning, you will visit the Charles Darwin Research Station. This guided activity will show you the history of the Galapagos Islands and will give you more information about the famous giant Galapagos tortoises. In the afternoon, you will take a public speedboat to San Cristobal. Once here, you will be picked up by the driver who will take you to your hotel. The rest of the afternoon is free, and you can visit La Loberia beach on your own. Day 4: Kicker Rock After breakfast, you will go by boat to snorkel at the famous Kicker Rock, which is composed of two volcanic rocks 140 meters in height, located off the coast of San Cristobal Island. When it is viewed from the south, the rocks look like a sleeping lion, which is why the Spanish name is León Dormido. On another side, the rocks look more like a boot, hence the English name: Kicker Rock. On this trip, you will see the great underwater life for which this site is famous. The channel formed between the rocks is the ideal habitat for a variety of sharks and rays. After this activity, you will go back to your hotel. Day 5: Transfer Out Today is the last day of your Galapagos Island Hopping Classic tour. After breakfast, you will have a drop-off at San Cristobal Airport (just 5 minutes). In the morning, you usually have some time to enjoy a bit more of the sea lions at Playa Mann, or you can go to the interpretation center by yourself. The tour will end upon arrival at the airport, where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
IncludesMeals as described in the itinerary. Accommodation in a single, double or triple room. Airport pickup at Baltra Airport and drop off at San Cristobal Airport at your arrival/departure time. Bus Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary. Transportation between Baltra Airport – Itabaca Channel fee each way. Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking). All activities as described in the itinerary. Snorkeling equipment: mask, snorkel, fins, and life vest. 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch, and Spanish.
- It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities. Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.). Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness. It is important to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have. Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.