My Guide Website?
From Quito: Cable Car, Intiñan Museum, & Colonial Town Tour3 Reviews
Enjoy the most complete, exciting, and flexible full-day trip in Quito! Enjoy memorable experiences in the Capital City of Ecuador and discover Quito's top attractions, while being escorted by friendly and knowledgeable local tour guides.
- Be delighted by an unforgettable view of the City, from 12,500 feet above sea level
- Take photos while standing in the northern and southern hemispheres at the same time
- Explore the capital city and see some of its top attractions and most important sights
- Learn history from friendly and professional guides while travelling through the city
- See the famous Intiñan Museum, filled with exhibits from other places along the equator
DescriptionMeet the tour guide at 9:00 am at “Plaza Foch”, Hotel Nu House, in order to start this gorgeous adventure in Quito. Take a ride on a cable car, located at the foothills of the Pichincha Volcano, in an area of 160 hectares. Travel 15 minutes per way, starting at 3,045 meters (9,990 ft) and ending up at 4,100 meters above sea level (12,500 ft). Reach the top and enjoy a beautiful view of the eastern valleys, old town, south and north of Quito. Head to the famous Intiñan Museum, geographically located at the division between the northern and southern hemispheres as established by the French Geodesic Mission in the eighteenth century. See beautiful displays of the many different ethnic groups in Ecuador, plus the story of their lifestyles, explained by a specialist tour guide. Travel back to Quito, and see the Equatorial Monument on the way, before moving on to the colonial town of Quito. Stroll through the colonial town, pass through Independence Square, and see the scenery of many dramatic battles of revolution in the history of the Republic of Ecuador. Visit the Cathedral of Quito, the Archbishop's palace, the Church of the Secret Society of Jesus of Quito, the summit of the Latin American Baroque style; the charming neighborhood of 'La Ronda', and the Church and Convent of San Francisco, which was built in 1540. Finish the tour at approximately 4:30 pm, after enjoying one of the most complete sightseeing tour experiences in the capital city of Ecuador.
IncludesShared Private Transportation Certified English speaking guide
- This tour will take place rain or shine.