My Guide Website?
From Quito: Otaval, the Plaza de Ponchos Market, & Cotacachi
Find fine Andean handicrafts on this shopping day trip from Quinto to the lively Plaza de Ponchos market in Otaval. Taste a chirimoya fruit and shop for leather products in the town of Cotacachi.
- Stop to savor the sweet and creamy flavors of a fresh chirimoya apple
- Attend a traditional Andean musical performance with the musician Ñanda Mañachi
- Watch a demonstration of the ancient methods for preparing and coloring wool
- Explore the colorful stalls and handicrafts at the Plaza de Ponchos market
- Walk through the streets of the town of Cotacachi to shop for leather products
DescriptionDiscover a wide array of local crafts on this day trip from Quito to the vibrant Plaza de Ponchos market in the city of Otavalo. Visit a fabric gallery at Casa Condor, an Andean Music House, and travel to Cotacachi to look for leather goods. Be picked up by your local guide at your accommodation in Quito. Relax on a scenic drive through the Guayllabamba countryside and stop to savor a custardy chirimoya fruit. Continue to the Andean highland city of Otavalo. Head to the Plaza de Ponchos market where local crafts from northern Ecuador are sold. Peruse the colorful shops before continuing to the Casa Condor gallery for a demonstration on the traditional preparation and coloring of wool. Delight your ears at the Andean Music House where a musician will show you how Andean instruments are used in local performances. Drive to the charming town of Cotacachi to check out some fine leather products that the area is well-known for. Have the chance to stop to purchase a local lunch before returning to your accommodation in Quito.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guide
- This tour takes place rain or shine