My Guide Website?
Los Tuneles Day Tour (Isabela Island)2 Reviews
Discover the jewelry of Isabela Island. Enjoy snorkeling inside lava tunnels with golden manta rays, zigzagging penguins and green marine turtles. Explore exotic blue-footed and Nazca bobbies.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Ecuador:If youʻre booking your trip to Ecuador last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Otavalo: Full day trip from Quito
- From Quito: Cotopaxi National Park Full-Day Tour with Hike
- Guayaquil: City Tour with Hotel Pickup and Drop-off
- Guayaquil City Tour
- Cuenca City Tour
- Embark on a wonderful day trip to one of the most biodiversity sites.
- Take pleasure swimming with a school of colorful reef fish.
- Explore Galapagos white or black tipped sharks’ path.
- Discover lava caves, places to enjoy walking over and swimming under them.
- Engage on the most authentic Galapagos penguins path exploration.
DescriptionDescription: Early in the morning, at 07:15 or 11:00 am, after wondering a delicious breakfast, you will embark on a must-do day trip to one of the most biodiverse sites in the Galapagos, Los Tuneles -or The Tunnels in English- also known as Cabo Rosa. They are unique geological formations, a series of arcs and tunnels underneath and above the water, located 1 hour riding from Puerto Villamil Pier. The first spot is in Roca Union a small islet located in the open sea were watching majestic pelicans, blue footed boobies and Nazca Boobies and, occasionally, sea lions resting on the rocks makes your terrific journey. This site is an ideal place for snorkeling due to its crystal-clear and shallow waters, so there is possible to swim next to sea turtles, white-tipped sharks, trumpetfish and surgeon fish. It is also able to see eagle and golden rays. The second and principle spot is in Los Tuneles where you will be allowed to do more snorkeling and enjoy some short trail observing the landscape and teeming wildlife. Cabo Rosa is heaven to sea turtles, marine iguanas, sea lions, blue footed boobies, royal frigate, eagle rays, penguins, lobsters, sea snakes, a variety of birds, among other species. Hot box lunch will be served aboard. It is recommended to wear a wetsuit in order to neutralize the sea temperature, because it falls below 20ºC from June to November and it is up to 27ºC from December to May. Departure: at 7:15 am or 11:00 am from Puerto Villamil Pier Returning time: approximately at 1:30 pm or 5:00 pm Travel Time: speed boat ride takes around 1 hour (August – October the seas can be quite rough). Adventurers with back or neck injuries are not advised to take this journey. Difficulty Level: intermediate Highlight activity: walking and snorkeling Transportation: speed boat Important: day before of the tour all passengers must be at 5:00 pm in the Galapagos Path for wetsuit fitting.
IncludesComfortable speed boat Naturalist Tour Guide accredited by Galapagos National Park Hotel pickup and drop-off Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, and fins) Wetsuit Lunch aboard Snack: purified water and fruits Tax
- It is required the traffic control card issued by Galapagos Governing.
- Guests with medical conditions and/or special dietary restrictions must make them known to us in sufficient time for us to accommodate their request.
- Galapagos and Ecuador uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency.
- Most vendors accept cash. We recommend that guests bring U.S. dollars with them if they might want to buy souvenir.
- All itineraries, dining options, accommodations, and journey experiences are subject to change without notice due to factors such as climate conditions, season, host availability, operational issues, and guest security.