My Guide Website?
Mitad del Mundo and Hiking in Pululahua Volcano1 Reviews
Enjoy a day away from the city by visiting one of only two inhabited volcanic caldera in the world, and the only one cultivated by its inhabitants. Experiment on your own the only phenomena that happens in the latitude 0,0,0 in Ecuador!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Entrance fees included in Pululahua Crater and Inti Ñan Museum
- Free hotel pick-up and drop off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
DescriptionBegin your tour with an early morning pickup from your hotel in Quito. You’ll then start driving for 50 minutes northwest of Quito to reach the amazing Middle of the World Monument, Ciudad Mitad del Mundo. Here, you will have a chance to visit the equatorial line and straddle the two hemispheres of north and south. Take a picture at this iconic site and then take part in several experiments at the Intiñan Solar Museum and be amazed at what you see. Experiments include watching water go down a drain in a different direction only inches away from either side of the equator, balancing an egg on a nail, using an ancient sundial, and more. After lunch, head to the Pululahua Geobotanical Reserve to enjoy a 3-hour hike. As you walk on the trail, enjoy the amazing landscape of this inhabited crater and spot its unique flora. After a fun-filled day, you will head back to your hotel in Quito.
IncludesEntrance fees included in Pululahua Crater and Inti Ñan Museum Bottled water All activities Professional guide hotel pick-up and drop off Transport by private vehicle Lunch (if option selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required