Otavalo Shared Day Tour4 Reviews
Enjoy a cultural day at 1.5 hours north of Quito. This area is special because there are still many indigenous people (Kichwa) living here. The landscapes are also really beautiful, and you'll see them on the road to Otavalo.
- Visit Quitsato Solar Museum
- Explore Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory
- Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory
- Shop at the diverse Otavalo market
- See Cuicocha crater lake
DescriptionOtavalo is considered the handicraft capital of Ecuador, and it's a beautiful and vigorous city. It's home to a large indigenous population located in the Imbabura province. With approximately 92,000 inhabitants, and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi and Mojanda volcanoes, it's a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour and enjoy all the interesting activities Otavalo has to offer. Itinerary 06:50 AM / 07:10 AM: Leave from Plaza Foch in Quito at 07:00 AM so please be there at 06:50 AM, or leave from The Old Town location at 07:20 AM so please be there at 07:10 AM for transport to Otavalo 08:30 AM: Quitsato Solar Museum (entrance $2) 09:30 AM: Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory, at own expense 10:00 AM: See the beautiful viewpoint of Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory 11:00 AM: Explore Otavalo Market 2:00 PM: Visit Cuicocha crater lake 3:30 PM: Lunch and visit Cotacachi leather town 7:00 PM: Return to Quito’s meeting point Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point Meals as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish Hotel pick-up and drop off All expenses for activities Extra food and drinks Optional tips for the guide
- Please note that a shared tour to Otavalo is only offered every Tuesday and Saturday
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing (a rain jacket just in case), water, sunblock, sunglasses, and passport
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications, and unpredictable circumstances
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The local supplier cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness. It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability