My Guide Website?
Papallacta: Private Tour from Quito1 Reviews
Papallacta town is famous for its hot springs. This ancient crater contains the volcanic thermal water rich in salts and minerals, due to its healthy properties they are the perfect combination between relaxation and body wellness.
- Marvel at the Andean landscape
- Enjoy the sweet flavor of the handmade Papallacta chocolate
- Relax in the comfortable thermal pools
- Visit the diverse handicrafts market
DescriptionEnjoy a relaxed day in the Andes. You will start your journey driving to the north of Quito, through beautiful mountains (over 4.000 meters). After one hour, you will arrive at the village of Papallacta, where you will stop for a hot chocolate and a snack. Then, you will make a hike (1.5 hours) around the Papallacta river, where you may spot Andean bears and birds. Afterwards, you can relax in the hot volcanic pools of Papallacta. The open air thermal pools have various benefits. Due to its minerals, these waters will help you to gently exfoliate your skin and relax your body. Enjoy additional services such as facials, massages and aroma therapy (with extra cost). After this, you will have lunch at a local restaurant and will return back to Quito, to visit the local handicraft market. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Papallacta9:30 AM: Hot chocolate in Papallacta11:00 AM: Hike around the Papallacta river12:30 PM: Enjoy the open air thermal baths of Papallacta3:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant5:00 PM: Visit local handicrafts market “Mercado Artesanal” in Quito (optional)6:00 PM: Back at hotel in Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/guide Transportation to and from your Quito’s hotel (within the urban zone) Meals and activities as described in the itinerary Entrance fees (hot springs, Paramo path) Locker at Papallacta hot springs 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish
- Transportation is included from and to Quito hotels located in the urban zone. This does not include hotels in the valleys, Tababela, or hotels close to the airport.
- An extra charge of $40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver if your hotel is located outside of Quito's urban zone
- Bring warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit, and a towel.
- It is also possible to stay the night at the Termas Papallacta resort. Contact the supplier for prices and availability.
- Take all necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.)
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for illnesses or missed meals & tours due to illness
- Valid travel and medical insurance is mandatory. Please inform the supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice