My Guide Website?
Quito: Capilla del Hombre and Guayasamín House Museum1 Reviews
Visit the Guayasamín House Museum and Capilla del Hombre, and learn about the life and work of famous Ecuadorian artist, Oswaldo Guayasamín. See pre-Columbian archaeological objects, colonial artifacts, and a comprehensive collection of Guayasamín's work.
- Visit the Guayasamín House Museum and Capilla del Hombre with a guided tour
- See some of Guayasamín's work and his personal collection of artifacts
- Explore the Capilla del Hombre cultural center and see the 'Eternal Flame' and the 'Tree of Life'
DescriptionVisit the former home of legendary painter Oswaldo Guayasamín and discover a comprehensive collection of his work. See his personal collection of pre-Columbian ceramic, bone, and metal artifacts. Admire an exhibition of Guayasamín’s religious art, including work by skilled indigenous artists from Escuela Quiteña. Visit the Capilla del Hombre cultural center located next to the house. Admire the serenity of your surroundings, impressive architecture, paintings, murals, and sculptures by Guayasamín. Explore its open spaces and discover its message of commitment to human rights, peace, and solidarity. See the 'Eternal Flame', advocating for peace and human rights, and the 'Tree of Life' where the ashes of Guayasamín are interred. Reflect on history from a Latin American point of view. Gain insight into social issues including discrimination, the role of women and children, and casualties of war.
IncludesEntrance fees Guided tour in English and Spanish
- Museum admission includes guided tours available in Spanish and English, starting every 20 minutes. The tour is about 45 minutes per museum, the recommendation is to schedule at least 2 hours for this visit.
- The attraction features lockers for backpacks or luggage. Photography is not allowed inside the museum, but you can photograph the exterior and gardens
- Please bring a government-issued photo ID, such as a passport or driver's license for entry
- There is no entrance charge for children 11 and under