Otavalo: Private Tour from Quito
Otavalo, the handicraft capital of Ecuador, is a beautiful and vigorous city. It is home to a large indigenous population and known for its handicrafts. Its located in the Imbabura province and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi, and Mojanda volcanoes.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit a local biscochos factory at Lago San Pablo
- Discover the Condor park which includes a bird show with eagles and hawks
- Explore Otavalo’s traditional market
- Experience Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall
DescriptionOtavalo is a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour for which you can customize your itinerary but the program below is the most recommended. It is also possible to make a stop at a rose farm and get an explanation of the growing process. Otavalo city is Ecuador's most representative city in the Highlands due to its amazing handicraft work, beautiful lakes, falls, delicious gastronomy and very kind and polite people. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Otavalo10:00 AM: Coffee or chocolate and local biscochos at Lago San Pablo11:00 AM: Visit to the Condor park including a bird show with Eagles and Hawks12:30 PM: Visit to Otavalo’s market and have local lunch2:30 PM: Visit to Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall4:00 PM: Drive back to Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel, urban zone Meals as described in the itinerary (1x hot chocolate or coffee with Bizcochos, 1x lunch) Activities as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish All extra expenses for activities, food and drinks Optional tips for the guide
- It is important to have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have
- The Condor Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Time Disclaimer: it is recommended to start this private tour no later than 8:00 AM because you will be able to enjoy the tour at a good pace, and avoid missing out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time, you may miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- There is an extra fee of $20, and 5 working days notice, to add the Cuicocha crater lagoon to the itinerary due to extra paperwork Transportation included is from and Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport, if you wish to be picked up here an extra $40 (round trip per group) is payable directly to the driver
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mitad del Mundo Half Day Tour from Quito
Join this 4-hour private tour from Quito to Mitad del Mundo and its surroundings to experiment the phenomena that only happens in the Equator Line.7 ReviewsFrom $60.00
Otavalo Shared Day Tour
Enjoy a cultural day at 1.5 hours north of Quito. This area is special because there are still many indigenous people (Kichwa) living here. The landscapes are also really2 ReviewsFrom $67.00
Culture, Traditions and Urban Legends of Quito
Discover a local market and its traditions. Visit La Capilla del Hombre where the artist Oswaldo Guayasamin left his work to delight its visitors. Admire the attractive iFrom $34.00
Cajas National Park Day Trip
Cajas National Park is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful natural places of Ecuador, with more than 200 glacial lakes and a range of alternatives for hiking. Enjoy theFrom $64.00
Otavalo and Imbabura Sightseeing Tour from Quito
Explore the main attractions of Imbabura Province on a 10-hour tour from Quito with a Spanish and English-speaking guide. See the amazing Quitsato Sundial, visit the indi13 ReviewsFrom $60.00
From Guayaquil: Avenue of the Volcanoes with Train Ride
Explore the epic landscapes of the Andes Mountains on a 3-day tour from Guayaquil. Visit the beautiful El Cajas National Park and ride on the twisting Devil's Nose railwaFrom $589.00
Tena: Full-Day Whitewater Rafting on the Jatun Yacu
Experience a thrilling whitewater trip suitable for beginners on the Jatun Yacu River on a full-day tour from Tena. Ride the class 3 rapids surrounded by stunning AmazoniFrom $87.00
Traditions of Quito, Gastronomy, and the Craft Beer Tour
Visit the best preserved historic city center in South America, Go to a local market and see local traditions. Walk through the neighborhood of La Floresta, taste authentFrom $102.00
Puerto Lopez: Paragliding Experience
Experience a unique view of the Machalilla National Park on this exciting 15-minute paragliding tour. Fly through the air and see the incredible landscape of Puerto LopezFrom $50.00
- Best Seller
Baños de Agua Santa: Whitewater Rafting Tour
Raft the rapids of the Pastaza River on a 5-hour adventure tour from Baños de Agua Santa and enjoy the picturesque scenery of the “Gateway to the Amazon.” Encounter1 ReviewsFrom $30.00