Otavalo: Private Tour from Quito
Otavalo, the handicraft capital of Ecuador, is a beautiful and vigorous city. It is home to a large indigenous population and known for its handicrafts. Its located in the Imbabura province and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi, and Mojanda volcanoes.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit a local biscochos factory at Lago San Pablo
- Discover the Condor park which includes a bird show with eagles and hawks
- Explore Otavalo’s traditional market
- Experience Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall
DescriptionOtavalo is a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour for which you can customize your itinerary but the program below is the most recommended. It is also possible to make a stop at a rose farm and get an explanation of the growing process. Otavalo city is Ecuador's most representative city in the Highlands due to its amazing handicraft work, beautiful lakes, falls, delicious gastronomy and very kind and polite people. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Otavalo10:00 AM: Coffee or chocolate and local biscochos at Lago San Pablo11:00 AM: Visit to the Condor park including a bird show with Eagles and Hawks12:30 PM: Visit to Otavalo’s market and have local lunch2:30 PM: Visit to Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall4:00 PM: Drive back to Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel, urban zone Meals as described in the itinerary (1x hot chocolate or coffee with Bizcochos, 1x lunch) Activities as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish All extra expenses for activities, food and drinks Optional tips for the guide
- It is important to have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have
- The Condor Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Time Disclaimer: it is recommended to start this private tour no later than 8:00 AM because you will be able to enjoy the tour at a good pace, and avoid missing out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time, you may miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- There is an extra fee of $20, and 5 working days notice, to add the Cuicocha crater lagoon to the itinerary due to extra paperwork Transportation included is from and Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport, if you wish to be picked up here an extra $40 (round trip per group) is payable directly to the driver
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Travel along the main streets and avenues of the city we will visit the Seminario Park, The Guayaquil embankment, La Rotonda; the colonial neighborhood of Las Peñas.From $207.00
Express Transfer: Mariscal Sucre Airport to Quito
Enjoy an express transfer from Mariscal Sucre International Airport to hotels in Quito. Travel to the new airport, located 1 hour and 45 minutes from the downtown area, w6 ReviewsFrom $19.00
Quito: Street Food, Art and Historic City Tour
Visit the largest and best preserved historic center of South America, learning of the traditional trades and cultures of Quito. You will walk through the Bohemian neighbFrom $34.00
Cuenca City Half Day Tour
This half day tour will take you to some of the most important places in Cuenca!From $61.64
- Best Seller
Ingapirca Ruins from Cuenca
Visit the 16th Century Ingapirca Ruins, the largest Inca archaeological site in Ecuador. See the Temple of the Sun and visit the Cañar market (Sundays) on this day trip5 ReviewsFrom $45.00
Private Guayaquil City Tour
Take a private tour of Ecuador's largest city and travel the streets and avenues of this historic town. Visit Simon Bolivar Park, the Guayaquil embankment, La Rotunda and1 ReviewsFrom $30.00
From Quito: Cotopaxi National Park & Quilotoa Day Tour
Enjoy the grand Cotopaxi volcano (5.897 meters.), one of the highest active volcanoes in the world, and visit a flower plantation.8 ReviewsFrom $45.00
- Best Seller
From Santa Cruz: Galapagos, Excursion to Tortuga & Tour
Explore the sights and wildlife in the Galapagos Islands on this full-day yacht tour from Santa Cruz. Visit Tortuga Bay Beach, La Lobería, Canal del Amor, and Playa de l1 ReviewsFrom $169.00
Quito City Sightseeing Tour and Cable Car
This full-day tour starts early in the morning. Starting with a pick-up from your hotel in Quito, enjoy the architecture, history and a great view of the city from the to2 ReviewsFrom $114.00
From Quito: Cotopaxi National Park Full-Day Tour
Get back to nature on a day trip to Cotopaxi National Park from Quito. Get amazing views of the 2nd highest mountain peak in Ecuador and the snow-capped mountains of the2 ReviewsFrom $110.00