Otavalo: Private Tour from Quito
Otavalo, the handicraft capital of Ecuador, is a beautiful and vigorous city. It is home to a large indigenous population and known for its handicrafts. Its located in the Imbabura province and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi, and Mojanda volcanoes.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit a local biscochos factory at Lago San Pablo
- Discover the Condor park which includes a bird show with eagles and hawks
- Explore Otavalo’s traditional market
- Experience Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall
DescriptionOtavalo is a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour for which you can customize your itinerary but the program below is the most recommended. It is also possible to make a stop at a rose farm and get an explanation of the growing process. Otavalo city is Ecuador's most representative city in the Highlands due to its amazing handicraft work, beautiful lakes, falls, delicious gastronomy and very kind and polite people. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Otavalo10:00 AM: Coffee or chocolate and local biscochos at Lago San Pablo11:00 AM: Visit to the Condor park including a bird show with Eagles and Hawks12:30 PM: Visit to Otavalo’s market and have local lunch2:30 PM: Visit to Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall4:00 PM: Drive back to Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel, urban zone Meals as described in the itinerary (1x hot chocolate or coffee with Bizcochos, 1x lunch) Activities as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish All extra expenses for activities, food and drinks Optional tips for the guide
- It is important to have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have
- The Condor Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Time Disclaimer: it is recommended to start this private tour no later than 8:00 AM because you will be able to enjoy the tour at a good pace, and avoid missing out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time, you may miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- There is an extra fee of $20, and 5 working days notice, to add the Cuicocha crater lagoon to the itinerary due to extra paperwork Transportation included is from and Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport, if you wish to be picked up here an extra $40 (round trip per group) is payable directly to the driver
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Quito and the Equator Self-Guided Scooter Tour
Take in the best sights in Quito and visit the Intinan Museum. Hop on a scooter and follow the GPS instructions as it takes you through the colonial center, historic neigFrom $35.00
Cajas National Park Guided Day Hike
Discover the beauty of Cajas National Park, its lakes and primary forest on a guided hike that ranges from easy to moderate, at altitudes of 9,842 to 12,795 feet. Stop at1 ReviewsFrom $45.00
- Best Seller
Gualaceo and Chordeleg Tour from Cuenca
Discover the villages and artisan crafts of rural Ecuador on this lively full-day tour from Cuenca. Browse the artisan-crafted guitars of San Bartolome, marvel at the elaFrom $25.00
From Quito: Quilotoa Lagoon Full Day Tour
Enjoy a tour to the Quilotoa Lagoon from Quito. Along the way, admire a spectacular view of the Avenue of Volcanoes and the Ecuadorian Andes. Learn about the indigenous A5 ReviewsFrom $117.00
Banos Canyoning Experience
Have one of the most thrilling canyoning experiences in Banos de Agua Santa in Casahurco.From $70.00
Quito by Night: Street Food, Art and Urban Legends
Walk through the Bohemian neighborhood of La Floresta, taste the authentic street food of Quito and discover the art and traditions of its people. Admire the attractive iFrom $34.00
Quito: Extreme Middle of the World Adventure Day
Enjoy a day full of fun and excitement with an extreme activities tour. You can do cultural, recreational and adventure activities according to the combination that bestFrom $80.00
From Montañita: Paragliding Experience
Paraglide in front of the sea around Ecuador. Enjoy stunning views of Ruta Spondylus (Ruta del Sol), Playa Bruja, Libertador Bolivar, Montañita, and Santa Elena.1 ReviewsFrom $50.00
Quito: Private Mindo Cloud Forest Tour
Upon leaving Quito, you can appreciate the impressive change of vegetation and climate, as you reach the area of the Mindo Cloud Forest. Here you can enjoy a hike in theFrom $156.00
Quito: 4-Day in-Depth Tour with Equatorial Monument
Enjoy an in-depth 4-day tour of Quito and the surrounding area. Explore the local market in Otavalo, visit the Middle of the World monument, see the sights in the historiFrom $405.00