My Guide Website?
Antisana Volcano Private Tour: Condors & Andean birds Wat3 Reviews
Have a day outside of Quito visiting Antisana Volcano located over 18,800 feet (5753 m) above sea level. Observe its flora and fauna from this national park. In this protected area you can see condors, deer, wild rabbits, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Ecuador:If youʻre booking your trip to Ecuador last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy of the mountains view in the Volcanoes Avenue
- Admire the wild Andean condor and other birds
- Enjoy a little hike through the marvelous Andean areas
DescriptionDrive to visit the Antisana Volcano (19500 ft), the most impressive Andean mount near Quito and sanctuary of wild Andean condor and other birds. Drive along the foothills of the volcano in order to reach a small village. From there drive up to reach the entrance of Hacienda Antisana. On this part of the road you can visualize the magnificent basaltic gorge of the Antisana Volcano. Driving into the hacienda and visiting the wetlands, see some species of paramo (tundra plants at 12000 ft.) Here you stop to watch interesting Andean birds like the Caranculated Caracara and Black Headed Ibis. You also have the chance to see Andean rabbits (Silvilagus Brasiliensis) and white tail deer (Oidecoileus Virginianus). You can hike there and see the glacier of Antisana. Then drive up to the Micacocha Lake where you have the chance to watch Andean gulls and speckled teals, typical birds of the Andean water systems. Enjoy a little hike through the marvelous Andean areas to observe and recognize the Andean important flora species like the cushion plant, ranunculo plants, gentians, and others. If you are lucky, and if the weather conditions are good, you will see Andean Condor. In the afternoon, drive back to Quito.
IncludesEntrance to Antisana National Park Menu lunch Professional guide Hotel pick up and drop-off from Quito
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Minimum age is 5 years