My Guide Website?
From Quito: Cotopaxi and Quilotoa 2-Day Trekking Tour1 Reviews
Head out on a trekking journey through the Andean landscape. Discover the heritage and beautiful views in these areas on a 2-day journey.
- Experience the natural beauty of Cotopaxi National Park in the Andes
- Hike to the Jose Rivas shelter at 16,000 feet above sea level into the National Park
- Marvel at the view and explore the Quilotoa Lagoon
- Learn more about the community
DescriptionDay 1: Depart from Quito to the Cotopaxi National Park. Visit the Limpiopungo lagoon in the slopes of the volcano. Stay to enjoy the landscape and take beautiful pictures of the volcano and the lagoon. Visit the Mariscal Sucre Interpretation Center and take a trek to the José Rivas Refuge. Leaving the Cotopaxi National Park, savor lunch and spend the night in the Hacienda. Day 2: After breakfast, head through the Andean landscape to the Quilotoa area. Stop at the Shalala viewpoint, recognized for its transparent structure, and admire the beautiful Quilotoa lagoon with its incredible turquoise waters. Visit the community viewpoint, and start to descend towards the lagoon. Take some free time to explore the area. Start the return, a strong walk. Make a stop for lunch. Make your way back through a Tigua craft workshop, famous for its colorful pictures, and visit the Toachi's Cañon before you return to Quito.
IncludesPick-up and drop off 1 night in a Hacienda (bed in a shared bedroom) 2 lunches Dinner on day 1 Breakfast on day 2 Touristic transport Bilingual guide (English and Spanish) Entrance fees
- The itinerary shown is for tours departing Thursday; for tours departing Friday, the itinerary is reversed
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- The return walk from Quilotoa Lagoon is a difficult walk, and if you are not in good shape you can choose to take a mule for the walk by paying $10 to the locals
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$249.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today