My Guide Website?
Quito: Private Mindo Cloud Forest Tour
Upon leaving Quito, you can appreciate the impressive change of vegetation and climate, as you reach the area of the Mindo Cloud Forest. Here you can enjoy a hike in the protected forest, with over 400 exotic species of birds, butterflies and orchids.
- Enjoy a private tour consisting of only your party and a guide/driver
- Take a tour perfect as an introduction for first-time visitors
- Explore a stunning rainforest
DescriptionYou will leave Quito at around 8:00AM in a private private car with your tour guide. From here you will venture towards the Mindo Valley, which is among the most heavily visited locations in Ecuador. Nearly 200,000 tourists visit the area annually to enjoy activities such as rafting, tubing, trekking, mountain biking, canyoning, horseback riding, bird watching, and herping. Much of the land is privately protected, and an additional 86 square kilometers falls within the Mindo-Nambillo Ecological Reserve. Mindo is a mountainous watershed situated in the western slopes of the Andes, where two of the most biologically diverse eco-regions in the world meet: the Chocoan lowlands and the Tropical Andes. This transitional preserve covers an area of 268 square kilometers and ranges from 960–3,440 meters above sea level. Three rivers (Mindo, Saloya and Cinto) and hundreds of streams irrigate the landscape, which consists of a patchwork of cloud forests, secondary forests, agricultural land, and human settlements.
IncludesProfessional guide Hotel/port pick-up and drop off Private tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The dress code is smart casual
- Your tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The tour destination could change depending on weather conditions and availability