My Guide Website?
Cotopaxi Horseback Riding Tour from Quito1 Reviews
Join a horseback riding tour in the Andes that's suitable for all skill levels. Travel to Cotopaxi National Park, admiring stunning mountain views.
- Explore the stunning landscapes of the Andes and Cotopaxi National Park on horseback
- Ride a horse on a trail suitable for beginners as well as experts
- Enjoy a traditional Ecuadorian lunch at a local hacienda
DescriptionThe tour begins with early morning pickup from your Quito hotel (Urban zone). After arrival at the ranch, be paired with a suitable horse, mount up, and spend some time learning the basic controls. Once you feel comfortable, set out on a 2 or 3.5 hour trail ride in the Andes Mountains. Return to the ranch, at around 1:00 PM and enjoy lunch before heading back to Quito. Both beginners and experienced riders will enjoy this activity that provides the opportunity to appreciate the stunning landscapes of the national park.
IncludesProfessional English-speaking driver/guide Local lunch Transportation from and to Quito Urban Zone hotels Guided ride on healthy, strong horses (for riders of all ability levels) Helmet Tea or coffee at the hacienda
- There is a maximum rider weight limit of 200 pounds (90.7 kilograms)
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without prior notice due to weather, regulations, notifications, or unpredictable circumstances
- The national park does not allow photo stops during the ride to the hacienda. If you would like to visit Limpiopungo or the Cotopaxi refugio and make photo stops, it is obligatory to rent the services of a local guide (40 USD)
- Pickup and drop-off is available from Quito hotels located in the Quito urban zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport. An extra charge of $40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver
- You will need current travel insurance including personal medical insurance
- Be aware of food safety when traveling to tropical countries and take the necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning
- The climate at 4,000m can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds and wet snow