My Guide Website?
Otavalo: Private Tour from Quito1 Reviews
Otavalo, the handicraft capital of Ecuador, is a beautiful and vigorous city. It is home to a large indigenous population and known for its handicrafts. Its located in the Imbabura province and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi, and Mojanda volcanoes.
- Visit a local biscochos factory at Lago San Pablo
- Discover the Condor park which includes a bird show with eagles and hawks
- Explore Otavalo’s traditional market
- Experience Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall
DescriptionOtavalo is a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour for which you can customize your itinerary but the program below is the most recommended. It is also possible to make a stop at a rose farm and get an explanation of the growing process. Otavalo city is Ecuador's most representative city in the Highlands due to its amazing handicraft work, beautiful lakes, falls, delicious gastronomy and very kind and polite people. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Otavalo10:00 AM: Coffee or chocolate and local biscochos at Lago San Pablo11:00 AM: Visit to the Condor park including a bird show with Eagles and Hawks12:30 PM: Visit to Otavalo’s market and have local lunch2:30 PM: Visit to Cotacachi’s leather town or Peguche waterfall4:00 PM: Drive back to Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel, urban zone Meals as described in the itinerary (1x hot chocolate or coffee with Bizcochos, 1x lunch) Activities as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish
- It is important to have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have
- The Condor Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Time Disclaimer: it is recommended to start this private tour no later than 8:00 AM because you will be able to enjoy the tour at a good pace, and avoid missing out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time, you may miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- There is an extra fee of $20, and 5 working days notice, to add the Cuicocha crater lagoon to the itinerary due to extra paperwork Transportation included is from and Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport, if you wish to be picked up here an extra $40 (round trip per group) is payable directly to the driver