Otavalo Shared Day Tour
Enjoy a cultural day at 1.5 hours north of Quito. This area is special because there are still many indigenous people (Kichwa) living here. The landscapes are also really beautiful, and you'll see them on the road to Otavalo.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit Quitsato Solar Museum
- Explore Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory
- Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory
- Shop at the diverse Otavalo market
- See Cuicocha crater lake
DescriptionOtavalo is considered the handicraft capital of Ecuador, and it's a beautiful and vigorous city. It's home to a large indigenous population located in the Imbabura province. With approximately 92,000 inhabitants, and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi and Mojanda volcanoes, it's a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour and enjoy all the interesting activities Otavalo has to offer. Itinerary 06:50 AM / 07:10 AM: Leave from Plaza Foch in Quito at 07:00 AM so please be there at 06:50 AM, or leave from The Old Town location at 07:20 AM so please be there at 07:10 AM for transport to Otavalo 08:30 AM: Quitsato Solar Museum (entrance $2) 09:30 AM: Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory, at own expense 10:00 AM: See the beautiful viewpoint of Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory 11:00 AM: Explore Otavalo Market 2:00 PM: Visit Cuicocha crater lake 3:30 PM: Lunch and visit Cotacachi leather town 7:00 PM: Return to Quito’s meeting point Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point Meals as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish Hotel pick-up and drop off All expenses for activities Extra food and drinks Optional tips for the guide
- Please note that a shared tour to Otavalo is only offered every Tuesday and Saturday
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing (a rain jacket just in case), water, sunblock, sunglasses, and passport
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications, and unpredictable circumstances
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The local supplier cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness. It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Travel along the main streets and avenues of the city we will visit the Seminario Park, The Guayaquil embankment, La Rotonda; the colonial neighborhood of Las Peñas.From $207.00
Express Transfer: Mariscal Sucre Airport to Quito
Enjoy an express transfer from Mariscal Sucre International Airport to hotels in Quito. Travel to the new airport, located 1 hour and 45 minutes from the downtown area, w6 ReviewsFrom $19.00
Quito: Street Food, Art and Historic City Tour
Visit the largest and best preserved historic center of South America, learning of the traditional trades and cultures of Quito. You will walk through the Bohemian neighbFrom $34.00
Cuenca City Half Day Tour
This half day tour will take you to some of the most important places in Cuenca!From $61.64
- Best Seller
Ingapirca Ruins from Cuenca
Visit the 16th Century Ingapirca Ruins, the largest Inca archaeological site in Ecuador. See the Temple of the Sun and visit the Cañar market (Sundays) on this day trip5 ReviewsFrom $45.00
Private Guayaquil City Tour
Take a private tour of Ecuador's largest city and travel the streets and avenues of this historic town. Visit Simon Bolivar Park, the Guayaquil embankment, La Rotunda and1 ReviewsFrom $30.00
From Quito: Cotopaxi National Park & Quilotoa Day Tour
Enjoy the grand Cotopaxi volcano (5.897 meters.), one of the highest active volcanoes in the world, and visit a flower plantation.8 ReviewsFrom $45.00
- Best Seller
From Santa Cruz: Galapagos, Excursion to Tortuga & Tour
Explore the sights and wildlife in the Galapagos Islands on this full-day yacht tour from Santa Cruz. Visit Tortuga Bay Beach, La Lobería, Canal del Amor, and Playa de l1 ReviewsFrom $169.00
Quito City Sightseeing Tour and Cable Car
This full-day tour starts early in the morning. Starting with a pick-up from your hotel in Quito, enjoy the architecture, history and a great view of the city from the to2 ReviewsFrom $114.00
From Quito: Cotopaxi National Park Full-Day Tour
Get back to nature on a day trip to Cotopaxi National Park from Quito. Get amazing views of the 2nd highest mountain peak in Ecuador and the snow-capped mountains of the2 ReviewsFrom $110.00