Otavalo Shared Day Tour
Enjoy a cultural day at 1.5 hours north of Quito. This area is special because there are still many indigenous people (Kichwa) living here. The landscapes are also really beautiful, and you'll see them on the road to Otavalo.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit Quitsato Solar Museum
- Explore Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory
- Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory
- Shop at the diverse Otavalo market
- See Cuicocha crater lake
DescriptionOtavalo is considered the handicraft capital of Ecuador, and it's a beautiful and vigorous city. It's home to a large indigenous population located in the Imbabura province. With approximately 92,000 inhabitants, and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi and Mojanda volcanoes, it's a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour and enjoy all the interesting activities Otavalo has to offer. Itinerary 06:50 AM / 07:10 AM: Leave from Plaza Foch in Quito at 07:00 AM so please be there at 06:50 AM, or leave from The Old Town location at 07:20 AM so please be there at 07:10 AM for transport to Otavalo 08:30 AM: Quitsato Solar Museum (entrance $2) 09:30 AM: Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory, at own expense 10:00 AM: See the beautiful viewpoint of Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory 11:00 AM: Explore Otavalo Market 2:00 PM: Visit Cuicocha crater lake 3:30 PM: Lunch and visit Cotacachi leather town 7:00 PM: Return to Quito’s meeting point Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point Meals as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish Hotel pick-up and drop off All expenses for activities Extra food and drinks Optional tips for the guide
- Please note that a shared tour to Otavalo is only offered every Tuesday and Saturday
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing (a rain jacket just in case), water, sunblock, sunglasses, and passport
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications, and unpredictable circumstances
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The local supplier cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness. It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mitad del Mundo Half Day Tour from Quito
Join this 4-hour private tour from Quito to Mitad del Mundo and its surroundings to experiment the phenomena that only happens in the Equator Line.7 ReviewsFrom $60.00
Culture, Traditions and Urban Legends of Quito
Discover a local market and its traditions. Visit La Capilla del Hombre where the artist Oswaldo Guayasamin left his work to delight its visitors. Admire the attractive iFrom $34.00
Cajas National Park Day Trip
Cajas National Park is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful natural places of Ecuador, with more than 200 glacial lakes and a range of alternatives for hiking. Enjoy theFrom $64.00
Otavalo and Imbabura Sightseeing Tour from Quito
Explore the main attractions of Imbabura Province on a 10-hour tour from Quito with a Spanish and English-speaking guide. See the amazing Quitsato Sundial, visit the indi13 ReviewsFrom $60.00
From Guayaquil: Avenue of the Volcanoes with Train Ride
Explore the epic landscapes of the Andes Mountains on a 3-day tour from Guayaquil. Visit the beautiful El Cajas National Park and ride on the twisting Devil's Nose railwaFrom $589.00
Tena: Full-Day Whitewater Rafting on the Jatun Yacu
Experience a thrilling whitewater trip suitable for beginners on the Jatun Yacu River on a full-day tour from Tena. Ride the class 3 rapids surrounded by stunning AmazoniFrom $87.00
Traditions of Quito, Gastronomy, and the Craft Beer Tour
Visit the best preserved historic city center in South America, Go to a local market and see local traditions. Walk through the neighborhood of La Floresta, taste authentFrom $102.00
Puerto Lopez: Paragliding Experience
Experience a unique view of the Machalilla National Park on this exciting 15-minute paragliding tour. Fly through the air and see the incredible landscape of Puerto LopezFrom $50.00
- Best Seller
Baños de Agua Santa: Whitewater Rafting Tour
Raft the rapids of the Pastaza River on a 5-hour adventure tour from Baños de Agua Santa and enjoy the picturesque scenery of the “Gateway to the Amazon.” Encounter1 ReviewsFrom $30.00
Galapagos Flash 4-Day Tour
Visit the legendary Galapagos Islands and view the many species of wildlife that flourish in this area. Free time is provided during your trip to explore Santa Cruz and iFrom $714.00