Otavalo Shared Day Tour
Enjoy a cultural day at 1.5 hours north of Quito. This area is special because there are still many indigenous people (Kichwa) living here. The landscapes are also really beautiful, and you'll see them on the road to Otavalo.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit Quitsato Solar Museum
- Explore Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory
- Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory
- Shop at the diverse Otavalo market
- See Cuicocha crater lake
DescriptionOtavalo is considered the handicraft capital of Ecuador, and it's a beautiful and vigorous city. It's home to a large indigenous population located in the Imbabura province. With approximately 92,000 inhabitants, and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi and Mojanda volcanoes, it's a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour and enjoy all the interesting activities Otavalo has to offer. Itinerary 06:50 AM / 07:10 AM: Leave from Plaza Foch in Quito at 07:00 AM so please be there at 06:50 AM, or leave from The Old Town location at 07:20 AM so please be there at 07:10 AM for transport to Otavalo 08:30 AM: Quitsato Solar Museum (entrance $2) 09:30 AM: Visit the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory, at own expense 10:00 AM: See the beautiful viewpoint of Otavalo city and visit a small hat factory 11:00 AM: Explore Otavalo Market 2:00 PM: Visit Cuicocha crater lake 3:30 PM: Lunch and visit Cotacachi leather town 7:00 PM: Return to Quito’s meeting point Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/ guide Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point Meals as described in the itinerary 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish Hotel pick-up and drop off All expenses for activities Extra food and drinks Optional tips for the guide
- Please note that a shared tour to Otavalo is only offered every Tuesday and Saturday
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing (a rain jacket just in case), water, sunblock, sunglasses, and passport
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform the local supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications, and unpredictable circumstances
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The local supplier cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness. It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Quito and the Equator Self-Guided Scooter Tour
Take in the best sights in Quito and visit the Intinan Museum. Hop on a scooter and follow the GPS instructions as it takes you through the colonial center, historic neigFrom $35.00
Cajas National Park Guided Day Hike
Discover the beauty of Cajas National Park, its lakes and primary forest on a guided hike that ranges from easy to moderate, at altitudes of 9,842 to 12,795 feet. Stop at1 ReviewsFrom $45.00
- Best Seller
Gualaceo and Chordeleg Tour from Cuenca
Discover the villages and artisan crafts of rural Ecuador on this lively full-day tour from Cuenca. Browse the artisan-crafted guitars of San Bartolome, marvel at the elaFrom $25.00
From Quito: Quilotoa Lagoon Full Day Tour
Enjoy a tour to the Quilotoa Lagoon from Quito. Along the way, admire a spectacular view of the Avenue of Volcanoes and the Ecuadorian Andes. Learn about the indigenous A5 ReviewsFrom $117.00
Banos Canyoning Experience
Have one of the most thrilling canyoning experiences in Banos de Agua Santa in Casahurco.From $70.00
Quito by Night: Street Food, Art and Urban Legends
Walk through the Bohemian neighborhood of La Floresta, taste the authentic street food of Quito and discover the art and traditions of its people. Admire the attractive iFrom $34.00
Quito: Extreme Middle of the World Adventure Day
Enjoy a day full of fun and excitement with an extreme activities tour. You can do cultural, recreational and adventure activities according to the combination that bestFrom $80.00
From Montañita: Paragliding Experience
Paraglide in front of the sea around Ecuador. Enjoy stunning views of Ruta Spondylus (Ruta del Sol), Playa Bruja, Libertador Bolivar, Montañita, and Santa Elena.1 ReviewsFrom $50.00
Quito: Private Mindo Cloud Forest Tour
Upon leaving Quito, you can appreciate the impressive change of vegetation and climate, as you reach the area of the Mindo Cloud Forest. Here you can enjoy a hike in theFrom $156.00
Quito: 4-Day in-Depth Tour with Equatorial Monument
Enjoy an in-depth 4-day tour of Quito and the surrounding area. Explore the local market in Otavalo, visit the Middle of the World monument, see the sights in the historiFrom $405.00