Papallacta: Private Tour from Quito
Papallacta town is famous for its hot springs. This ancient crater contains the volcanic thermal water rich in salts and minerals, due to its healthy properties they are the perfect combination between relaxation and body wellness.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Marvel at the Andean landscape
- Enjoy the sweet flavor of the handmade Papallacta chocolate
- Relax in the comfortable thermal pools
- Visit the diverse handicrafts market
DescriptionEnjoy a relaxed day in the Andes. You will start your journey driving to the north of Quito, through beautiful mountains (over 4.000 meters). After one hour, you will arrive at the village of Papallacta, where you will stop for a hot chocolate and a snack. Then, you will make a hike (1.5 hours) around the Papallacta river, where you may spot Andean bears and birds. Afterwards, you can relax in the hot volcanic pools of Papallacta. The open air thermal pools have various benefits. Due to its minerals, these waters will help you to gently exfoliate your skin and relax your body. Enjoy additional services such as facials, massages and aroma therapy (with extra cost). After this, you will have lunch at a local restaurant and will return back to Quito, to visit the local handicraft market. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Papallacta9:30 AM: Hot chocolate in Papallacta11:00 AM: Hike around the Papallacta river12:30 PM: Enjoy the open air thermal baths of Papallacta3:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant5:00 PM: Visit local handicrafts market “Mercado Artesanal” in Quito (optional)6:00 PM: Back at hotel in Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/guide Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel Meals and activities as described in the itinerary Entrance fees (hot springs, Paramo path) Locker at Papallacta hot springs 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish Extra drinks and food Tips for guide
- Transportation is included from and to Quito hotels located in the urban zone. This does not include hotels in the valleys, Tababela, or hotels close to the airport.
- An extra charge of $40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver if your hotel is located outside of Quito's urban zone
- Bring warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit, and a towel.
- It is also possible to stay the night at the Termas Papallacta resort. Contact the supplier for prices and availability.
- Take all necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.)
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for illnesses or missed meals & tours due to illness
- Valid travel and medical insurance is mandatory. Please inform the supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Quito City Sightseeing and Mitad del Mundo Tour
Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Quito with private transportation.1 ReviewsFrom $109.00
Express Transfer: Mariscal Sucre Airport to Quito
Enjoy an express transfer from Mariscal Sucre International Airport to hotels in Quito. Travel to the new airport, located 1 hour and 45 minutes from the downtown area, w6 ReviewsFrom $19.00
Quito City tour + Pululahua Crater
This one-day cultural tour takes you to the highlights of the historical center of Quito, the capital of Ecuador. After a very nice cultural experience you'll head to the1 ReviewsFrom $67.00
Mitad del Mundo & Horseback Ride at Pululahua Volcano
Enjoy a day away from the city by visiting by horse one of only two inhabited volcanic caldera in the world and the only one cultivated by its inhabitants. Experiment onFrom $174.00
Andean Cooking Class
Enjoy a local gastronomic adventure, with the most varied ingredients and the lessons with a professional chef who will instruct you on how to prepare a delicious AndeanFrom $49.00
Quito: Middle of the World and Craft Beer Tour
Visit the middle of the world and learn about the history of craft beer in Quito!From $68.00
- Best Seller
Gualaceo & Chordeleg Artisanal Tour
Visit 3 important towns in the Azuay province; Gualaceo, Chordeleg, and San Bartolome and in each one you will have the opportunity to know about the elaboration of some3 ReviewsFrom $65.00
Discover Quito to Cuenca 8-Day Pichincha Tour
See many of the highlights of Ecuador on an 8-day tour of the Pichincha Province, including the cities of Quito and Cuenca. Visit the Equatorial Monument, drive along the2 ReviewsFrom $1,401.00
Private Half-Day Cuenca City Tour
Travel through the third largest city in Ecuador and see new cathedrals and visit the moderm arts museum. Your private and comprehensive city tour will show you the bestFrom $38.00
Mindo: Bike Rental
Explore the stunning natural landscape of Mindo by bike. Choose the quick, convenient, and sustainable way to get around the town and visit the pristine cloud forest.From $12.00