Papallacta: Private Tour from Quito
Papallacta town is famous for its hot springs. This ancient crater contains the volcanic thermal water rich in salts and minerals, due to its healthy properties they are the perfect combination between relaxation and body wellness.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Marvel at the Andean landscape
- Enjoy the sweet flavor of the handmade Papallacta chocolate
- Relax in the comfortable thermal pools
- Visit the diverse handicrafts market
DescriptionEnjoy a relaxed day in the Andes. You will start your journey driving to the north of Quito, through beautiful mountains (over 4.000 meters). After one hour, you will arrive at the village of Papallacta, where you will stop for a hot chocolate and a snack. Then, you will make a hike (1.5 hours) around the Papallacta river, where you may spot Andean bears and birds. Afterwards, you can relax in the hot volcanic pools of Papallacta. The open air thermal pools have various benefits. Due to its minerals, these waters will help you to gently exfoliate your skin and relax your body. Enjoy additional services such as facials, massages and aroma therapy (with extra cost). After this, you will have lunch at a local restaurant and will return back to Quito, to visit the local handicraft market. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Papallacta9:30 AM: Hot chocolate in Papallacta11:00 AM: Hike around the Papallacta river12:30 PM: Enjoy the open air thermal baths of Papallacta3:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant5:00 PM: Visit local handicrafts market “Mercado Artesanal” in Quito (optional)6:00 PM: Back at hotel in Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/guide Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel Meals and activities as described in the itinerary Entrance fees (hot springs, Paramo path) Locker at Papallacta hot springs 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish Extra drinks and food Tips for guide
- Transportation is included from and to Quito hotels located in the urban zone. This does not include hotels in the valleys, Tababela, or hotels close to the airport.
- An extra charge of $40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver if your hotel is located outside of Quito's urban zone
- Bring warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit, and a towel.
- It is also possible to stay the night at the Termas Papallacta resort. Contact the supplier for prices and availability.
- Take all necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.)
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for illnesses or missed meals & tours due to illness
- Valid travel and medical insurance is mandatory. Please inform the supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mitad del Mundo Half Day Tour from Quito
Join this 4-hour private tour from Quito to Mitad del Mundo and its surroundings to experiment the phenomena that only happens in the Equator Line.7 ReviewsFrom $60.00
Otavalo Shared Day Tour
Enjoy a cultural day at 1.5 hours north of Quito. This area is special because there are still many indigenous people (Kichwa) living here. The landscapes are also really2 ReviewsFrom $67.00
Culture, Traditions and Urban Legends of Quito
Discover a local market and its traditions. Visit La Capilla del Hombre where the artist Oswaldo Guayasamin left his work to delight its visitors. Admire the attractive iFrom $34.00
Cajas National Park Day Trip
Cajas National Park is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful natural places of Ecuador, with more than 200 glacial lakes and a range of alternatives for hiking. Enjoy theFrom $64.00
Otavalo and Imbabura Sightseeing Tour from Quito
Explore the main attractions of Imbabura Province on a 10-hour tour from Quito with a Spanish and English-speaking guide. See the amazing Quitsato Sundial, visit the indi13 ReviewsFrom $60.00
From Guayaquil: Avenue of the Volcanoes with Train Ride
Explore the epic landscapes of the Andes Mountains on a 3-day tour from Guayaquil. Visit the beautiful El Cajas National Park and ride on the twisting Devil's Nose railwaFrom $589.00
Tena: Full-Day Whitewater Rafting on the Jatun Yacu
Experience a thrilling whitewater trip suitable for beginners on the Jatun Yacu River on a full-day tour from Tena. Ride the class 3 rapids surrounded by stunning AmazoniFrom $87.00
Traditions of Quito, Gastronomy, and the Craft Beer Tour
Visit the best preserved historic city center in South America, Go to a local market and see local traditions. Walk through the neighborhood of La Floresta, taste authentFrom $102.00
Puerto Lopez: Paragliding Experience
Experience a unique view of the Machalilla National Park on this exciting 15-minute paragliding tour. Fly through the air and see the incredible landscape of Puerto LopezFrom $50.00
- Best Seller
Baños de Agua Santa: Whitewater Rafting Tour
Raft the rapids of the Pastaza River on a 5-hour adventure tour from Baños de Agua Santa and enjoy the picturesque scenery of the “Gateway to the Amazon.” Encounter1 ReviewsFrom $30.00