Papallacta: Private Tour from Quito
Papallacta town is famous for its hot springs. This ancient crater contains the volcanic thermal water rich in salts and minerals, due to its healthy properties they are the perfect combination between relaxation and body wellness.
Are you a business owner in Ecuador?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Ecuador.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Marvel at the Andean landscape
- Enjoy the sweet flavor of the handmade Papallacta chocolate
- Relax in the comfortable thermal pools
- Visit the diverse handicrafts market
DescriptionEnjoy a relaxed day in the Andes. You will start your journey driving to the north of Quito, through beautiful mountains (over 4.000 meters). After one hour, you will arrive at the village of Papallacta, where you will stop for a hot chocolate and a snack. Then, you will make a hike (1.5 hours) around the Papallacta river, where you may spot Andean bears and birds. Afterwards, you can relax in the hot volcanic pools of Papallacta. The open air thermal pools have various benefits. Due to its minerals, these waters will help you to gently exfoliate your skin and relax your body. Enjoy additional services such as facials, massages and aroma therapy (with extra cost). After this, you will have lunch at a local restaurant and will return back to Quito, to visit the local handicraft market. Itinerary 8:00 AM: Pickup at hotel in Quito and start driving to Papallacta9:30 AM: Hot chocolate in Papallacta11:00 AM: Hike around the Papallacta river12:30 PM: Enjoy the open air thermal baths of Papallacta3:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant5:00 PM: Visit local handicrafts market “Mercado Artesanal” in Quito (optional)6:00 PM: Back at hotel in Quito Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
IncludesProfessional driver/guide Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel Meals and activities as described in the itinerary Entrance fees (hot springs, Paramo path) Locker at Papallacta hot springs 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish Extra drinks and food Tips for guide
- Transportation is included from and to Quito hotels located in the urban zone. This does not include hotels in the valleys, Tababela, or hotels close to the airport.
- An extra charge of $40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver if your hotel is located outside of Quito's urban zone
- Bring warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit, and a towel.
- It is also possible to stay the night at the Termas Papallacta resort. Contact the supplier for prices and availability.
- Take all necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.)
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for illnesses or missed meals & tours due to illness
- Valid travel and medical insurance is mandatory. Please inform the supplier of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Quito and the Equator Self-Guided Scooter Tour
Take in the best sights in Quito and visit the Intinan Museum. Hop on a scooter and follow the GPS instructions as it takes you through the colonial center, historic neigFrom $35.00
Cajas National Park Guided Day Hike
Discover the beauty of Cajas National Park, its lakes and primary forest on a guided hike that ranges from easy to moderate, at altitudes of 9,842 to 12,795 feet. Stop at1 ReviewsFrom $45.00
- Best Seller
Gualaceo and Chordeleg Tour from Cuenca
Discover the villages and artisan crafts of rural Ecuador on this lively full-day tour from Cuenca. Browse the artisan-crafted guitars of San Bartolome, marvel at the elaFrom $25.00
From Quito: Quilotoa Lagoon Full Day Tour
Enjoy a tour to the Quilotoa Lagoon from Quito. Along the way, admire a spectacular view of the Avenue of Volcanoes and the Ecuadorian Andes. Learn about the indigenous A5 ReviewsFrom $117.00
Banos Canyoning Experience
Have one of the most thrilling canyoning experiences in Banos de Agua Santa in Casahurco.From $70.00
Quito by Night: Street Food, Art and Urban Legends
Walk through the Bohemian neighborhood of La Floresta, taste the authentic street food of Quito and discover the art and traditions of its people. Admire the attractive iFrom $34.00
Quito: Extreme Middle of the World Adventure Day
Enjoy a day full of fun and excitement with an extreme activities tour. You can do cultural, recreational and adventure activities according to the combination that bestFrom $80.00
From Montañita: Paragliding Experience
Paraglide in front of the sea around Ecuador. Enjoy stunning views of Ruta Spondylus (Ruta del Sol), Playa Bruja, Libertador Bolivar, Montañita, and Santa Elena.1 ReviewsFrom $50.00
Quito: Private Mindo Cloud Forest Tour
Upon leaving Quito, you can appreciate the impressive change of vegetation and climate, as you reach the area of the Mindo Cloud Forest. Here you can enjoy a hike in theFrom $156.00
Quito: 4-Day in-Depth Tour with Equatorial Monument
Enjoy an in-depth 4-day tour of Quito and the surrounding area. Explore the local market in Otavalo, visit the Middle of the World monument, see the sights in the historiFrom $405.00